Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Love Song & Queen B

I received this clutch from my good friend Beth just as she was launching Queen B… After reading the story behind the clutch I knew exactly where I wanted to shoot the photos.
 The Story Behind the Clutch:
Yellow #8 is all about the language of art. Music, like the visual arts, uses a dialogue to express what is happening within the image or melody if you will . . . both worlds talk the same talk with words like rhythm, balance, unity . . . whether something is warm or cool, has layers or is linear. Yellow is known to produce a warming effect, arouse cheerfulness, and stimulate mental activity. Purple is its compliment and combines the stability of blue and energy of red. It's also often associated with royalty, power, luxury and ambition. This Queen B original was created while listening to the entire album "Offering" by Jazz artist Herman Burney, Jr. The artist likes to think of it as art meets music with a splash of fashion. The hardware for this clutch was formerly a part of a series of brass looking discs on a 1980's belt and is lined with a vintage "honey" brand silk scarf.



 Since the clutch was inspired by music I knew that shooting the photos downtown by the LOVE SONG Statue next to Studio Slant an art gallery would be perfect. 
The clutches are all created by hand: hand painted, lined with a  vintage scarf and always adorned with something unique. Two pieces are never the same!  She’s always been a big supporter of my blog/career and I feel honored to be able to support her on this journey! Checkout out the Queen B website HERE and be sure to like Queen B on Facebook to stay up-to-date on the latest pieces as they come available they are sure to sell out fast. Thanks again for the Fabulous Clutch Beth!!!!

What I'm Wearing:
Clutch c/o Queen B
Mullet Hem Skirt and V-Neck T-Shirt from Forever21
Mirror Sunnies c/o Romwe
 "Studly" Loafers by Steve Madden
Cuff Bracelets by The Blonde Daria

5 comments:

  1. Great job, Ashely! I love the shot w/ the sculpture and can't thank you enough for including my work in one of your GREAT blogs! I hope all your followers who love fashion so much, appreciate my work as much as you do! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job, I love those beautiful Clutches they are just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I really appreciate the feedback and kind words. If you're ever shopping for TRULY a one of a kind...hit me up! :) qbfashions.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for the clutch! I'm so happy you are pleased with the clutch!!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...